FORUMS: list search recent posts

Push keywords to clips in Resolve?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mathew Farrell
Push keywords to clips in Resolve?
on Feb 17, 2017 at 4:05:28 am

When logging clips in Resolve, I attach keywords to them. I know how to export as CSV of these keywords and other metadata, but is it also possible to push the keywords to the clips (camera files) themselves?

Mathew Farrell
flowstate.com.au

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Push keywords to clips in Resolve?
on Feb 21, 2017 at 2:58:17 am

My workaround would be to use a 3rd-party utility like Better File Renamer (or Better Finder Renamer for Mac), load the CSV into that, select the exported files, and then use the comments to augment the name of the file, either as a prefix or as a suffix.

Generally, I think it's a bad idea to rename source file names, but as long as these are the files actually used in the edit AND in the final conform, then it won't matter. If you relink to camera files with different names, you're completely screwed.

Return to posts index

Mathew Farrell
on Feb 22, 2017 at 10:56:51 pm

Oh I agree - changing the name of a file after it's in your storage system is bad form.

Rather, I'm trying the push the keywords into the file's metadata. I haven't looked a Better File Renamer (yet. Will check it out, cheers) - any idea if it can write metadata as well?

Mathew Farrell
flowstate.com.au

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Feb 24, 2017 at 10:21:41 am

No, I don't know of a utility that can reach inside a file and reset camera file metadata like this, at least not on a grand scale. You could do it clip by clip, but not a whole bunch of files at once.

Return to posts index

Glenn Venghaus
on Mar 9, 2017 at 4:24:03 pm

There is QTedit in the pro media tools suite from digital rebellion. https://www.digitalrebellion.com/promedia/

I use that sometime to push metadata into a set of files. It has templates for all common camera metadata fields and allows complete custom fields. You can do lots of other handy things with it as well like restripe / add timecode tracks , remove empty tracks, reconform to diff framerates etc.
It can do batch and single files, without rerendering.

But not found a way yet to automate in such a way that it can take metadata from a csv. For that you need some commandline tools. ave not found one that can do this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]