FORUMS: list search recent posts

OS/C Drive Crashed - How to Reload Database?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dereck Hoekstra
OS/C Drive Crashed - How to Reload Database?
on Jan 9, 2017 at 5:44:21 pm

My OS/C drive crashed so I got a new one and loaded windows 10 on it. The previous drive had windows 10 on it as well. I'm also working with the free version of Resolve.

My Resolve database was saved on a separate RAID drive unconnected to my C drive, it was the only database directory I had for Resolve, so any work I did in that program should have been saved to that directory, not tied to my C drive (at least that's what I understand). All my media files for my projects are on that raid too.

I'm struggling to figure out how to re-link that information from my RAID drive back to the freshly installed version of Resolve. I've seen tutorials of people doing a "backup" of their database so they can load it on another system (project manager > database > backup or restore), but what about the people who have their C drives crash on them unexpectedly? I never had the chance to manually create a "backup" with a .backup or .diskdb extension.

Below is the file directory I have of Resolve on my RAID

DaVinci Resolve
- .gallery
- CacheClip
- Resolve Projects

Is there anyway to connect that information back to Resolve? If so what specific steps do I need to take? If not, then I really need to learn what the proper workflow/disciplines are for backing up my Resolve data. I thought that if you setup your database on a certain drive all the information you'd ever need for Resolve would be on that drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]