FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve project loading stuck at 100% green

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Lalicata
Resolve project loading stuck at 100% green
on Dec 23, 2016 at 12:52:26 am

Also posted on the Blackmagic forum...

I am having this weird problem with only one project in my shared database. To start, here are the requisite specs...

Mac 10.10.5
Resolve 12.5.4 but was having the same issue in 12.5.3
Database Server on MacPro in machine room
Latest Blackmagic driver.
All GPU drivers and CUDA are at the latest release for each system.

We follow a pretty strict backup regimen. Database server system drive cloned each night. Database File backed up manually each week. DRP project exports made each day of active projects.

One project, just at the end of the conform/online stage, will not open from the shared database. It is 5 reels of Alexa and Red mix files, all still connected to files on external USB 3 drives. Once the conform is finished we then project manage the media to our video server.

This project will not open past the 100% green status window. Everything looks good but is just hangs. I have let is sit for hours with no progress. Things I have tried...

1) open on three different systems connected to the same database. All get stuck. Even without the media drives attached to the systems.
2) Import a DRP backup on three different systems, into the same shared database. Same.
3) Make new database on server and import project from old database. No good.
4) Make new database on server and import from backup .drp file. No good.
5) Make new local disk database and import .drp project. Opens successfully, but is stuck on one system.
6) Export .drp from the local database project that does work, import that into new server database, Gets stuck again.

What I am about to try...

1) export xmls from local disk database project that works, make a brand new project file in new database, and rebuild project from xmls.

I will try this next, but even if it works this does not rule out a problem with my database server.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Eric Lalicata
Owner
Anarchy Post
1811 Victory Blvd
Glendale, CA 91201
818-334-3300

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve project loading stuck at 100% green
on Dec 26, 2016 at 4:49:19 am

Eric, how complex is the project? Multiple timelines, long segments?

If so, my advice would be to see if simplifying the project helps solve the session-loading problem. Maybe take a 1-hour timeline and split it up, or a 10-timeline project and split it into two 5-timeline projects.

That is weird that it will work locally but not from the server.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]