FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stabilze Timelapse in Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Alston
Stabilze Timelapse in Resolve
on Dec 20, 2016 at 5:07:50 pm

Hello Community,

I want to first thank you for a great resource and let you know I appreciate all the answers I've found here over the years.

I recently did a day to night timelapse of a house (stationary, obviously), and bumped the tripod during the middle of the session (probably changing a setting).

For reasons unknown to me, I am not able to get that bump out using Resolve. I've tried Cloud and non Cloud Tracking, Point Tracking, -50 to 200 Strong, 0 to 99 Smooth and several other combos between. I've tried with only rotation, only tilt, and with combos of them. Nothing will remove that bump. Honestly, the bump looks to be a rotation.

Are there any tips on how to anchor the position of a stationary object? I assume yes, but the normal methods of stabilizing have not been successful for me.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Stabilze Timelapse in Resolve
on Dec 21, 2016 at 9:16:29 am

Is it just one frame that got bumped, or a bunch of frames? I wonder if just a manual PTZR reposition would solve the problem. I do this all the time on normal longform jobs, particularly when there's a matched-frame edit and everything moves 1/4" one way or the other.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Dec 21, 2016 at 11:39:19 pm

A technique that many compositors use (mostly to make "clean plates") is to re-mix a negative reference image with the original -- when the register is perfect, you will only see a blank grey frame. Anything out of kilter will show up as a "difference" edge... jimmy the PTRZ with key frames until all the edges go away and the bump will be gone.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Nick Alston
on Dec 26, 2016 at 10:08:20 pm

Thank you gentlemen for the advice.

The movement is spread out over a few frames at different spots.

I will try the manual edit. But before I do that. I screen recorded my attempts to stabilize (11 minutes no audio). Maybe someone will see something am doing incorrect???

I find it hard to believe that the awesome Resolve, (I really do love using it), can't make a stationary object stationary with Cloud or Point tracker. That alone make me think I am doing it incorrectly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]