FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere / Resolve round trip with stills?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john davidson
Premiere / Resolve round trip with stills?
on Nov 23, 2016 at 1:03:16 am

I get quite a few round trip projects with Premiere and Resolve. First off quite often it seems the XML out of Premiere has issues. But my question is how do I export a project out of Resolve with a timeline that has stills of various sizing to go back into Premiere. I check the box that says render at source resolution, will that be okay going back into Premiere since it will be a 1 frame QuickTime of the codec I chose to render out in?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Premiere / Resolve round trip with stills?
on Nov 23, 2016 at 2:04:24 am

I've never had stills, as stills...come over right. You need to make those MOV files. Render them out as QT ProRes or DNxHD files, bring those back into Premiere...and then send to Resolve. So in Premiere, might be best to send to AE, export as a movie and have that replace what you have in the sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

john davidson
on Nov 23, 2016 at 2:46:03 am

Hello Shane,

Thank you, I also have problems with stills coming into Resolve. I am always force linking them into the timeline. I think that it is a bigger problem with Premiere projects. It is hard for me to ask a client to make Quicktimes of all there stills. So I just was hoping there is a way to render out the timeline and have the stills be okay for Premiere.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 23, 2016 at 2:04:57 am

Resolve will render the still as a video file in the codec and resolution of the rest of the renders if you are sending individual clips back. So any grade and moves will be baked into the render.

Return to posts index

john davidson
on Nov 23, 2016 at 3:11:56 am

Hello Michael, I did that on a test, but I heard that Premiere wouldn't take in a 1 frame .mov. Do you know if it will and apply its moves and sizing back on in Premiere?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 25, 2016 at 6:42:48 am

Resolve should be exporting a .mov file the length of the shot with the move. It's rendering as a shot as far as I know not a single frame.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]