FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphics Card Configuration

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Dittrich
Graphics Card Configuration
on Nov 14, 2016 at 12:57:16 am

Hey guys.

I have a urgent question about a new graphics card setup.

My old DaVinci runs with 2x GTX Titan Cards for computing, with one GT630 for UI on a windows system.

Now i update my Graphics Card for computing to a Quadro P5000.
The Card for the UI still is the GT630.

But with the update of the card i get yittering on my UI, also my DaVinci computing isn't that smooth any more.

These are my questions.
Is it imported that the UI Card is also a Quadro Card?
Could it be that the driver of the quadro does not match the driver of the GT630 and this is the problem?
Does it matter that the architecture of the GPU Chip is the same for all graphics card, for example Nividia maxwell, or Nvidia pascal?

Thanks for reply.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Graphics Card Configuration
on Nov 14, 2016 at 5:17:50 pm

[Ben Dittrich] "Is it imported that the UI Card is also a Quadro Card?
Could it be that the driver of the quadro does not match the driver of the GT630 and this is the problem?
Does it matter that the architecture of the GPU Chip is the same for all graphics card, for example Nividia maxwell, or Nvidia pascal?"

Shared architecture is not iron-clad orthodoxy unless you are sharing image computation between the UI and the image-computing GPU structure. You can even configure an AMD card as UI -- that used to be a widespread practice. Is your slot allocation optimal for x16 lane to support only the GPU? The MacPro that I did configure (2011) with an internal Titan Black required that it reside in Slot 1 (with external power supplied), while the UI GPU (a Q4000) occupied Slot 2 and could be internally powered. And of course with the UI monitors attached to its DVI/miniDisplayPort outputs with nothing attached to the Titan.

Probably a good idea to make sure your OS and CUDA drivers are appropriate.

I don't understand the memory-mapping well enough to comment on whether distributed processing among several GPUs is more efficient that a single VRAM-rich device. There is some debate about this and the notion that total VRAM is not additive... that is -- 2 x 6GB Titan Blacks would not be the same as 1x 12GB [something].

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]