FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stabilizing a tracking shot

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Lehnert
Stabilizing a tracking shot
on Nov 8, 2016 at 5:42:46 am

Does anyone have any pointers for stabilizing a part of a tracking shot?

Resolve doesn't appear to have reference frames or a way to scale the stabilization on or off. Ideally I could keyframe the amount of stabilization added so I don't stabilize certain sections of the video. The video is constantly moving so I need to use the cloud tracker.

I was trying to add cuts to the sequence and set keyframes before and after the portion of the section I need to work on so that the resizing would match. Unfortunately the numbers in the stabilize windows don't work in the resize window. The picture is completely wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas? The shot is long and I need to do this in several sections. It's a single shot and tough to handle.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Stabilizing a tracking shot
on Nov 8, 2016 at 7:08:22 am

This would be a job for Mocha Pro.

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
on Nov 8, 2016 at 6:56:02 pm

Mocha Pro has everything I need? The version that comes with After Effects would not work?

Thanks Marc.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Nov 8, 2016 at 8:50:54 pm

[Eugene Lehnert] "The version that comes with After Effects would not work"

It probably would be fine... depends on whether you have a unique plane that Mocha can search, but there are a number of techniques illustrated in their tutorial database just in case you need some tips.

An oldie but a goodie that I often still call up is the SmoothCam node in SHAKE. Still works, very flexible.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]