FORUMS: list search recent posts

4K downconvert to 1080 monitor

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Ross
4K downconvert to 1080 monitor
on Nov 3, 2016 at 6:55:46 pm

OK, there HAS to be a way to do this. 4K project settings, but only have a 1080p monitor, so I need Resolve/BMD to downconvert the image to 1080p. The BMD interface is set to do it...it works in Avid (a 4K exported file imported into Avid, 4K project...plays full screen on my 1080p broadcast monitor). But when I am in Resolve, the UHD signal won't downconvert, even though I told it to in the settings. It's a center punch of the 4K image.
Any idea how to do this? Thanks

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 4K downconvert to 1080 monitor
on Nov 3, 2016 at 10:53:58 pm

AH....answer provided on facebook. But I'll put it here too as this is Google searchable, where FB is not.

In settings, under image scaling - in the bottom, uncheck "match project settings", select 1920x1080 and "scale image to fit".

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Nov 3, 2016 at 11:43:27 pm

If you want to do it simultaneously (4K output plus HD), there are two options that I know of:

1) the newest BMD 4Kextreme 12G will export HD plus UHD

2) AJA 4K2HD converter will accept SDI inputs and downconvert to 1080. You will need to send it Dual Link HD-SDI UHD, but it will output both HD-SDI and HDMI.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 4, 2016 at 1:34:27 am

If I get a few more 4K projects coming my way, I'm just going to have to invest in a decent 4K TV, just to have a way to view it full size.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Nov 4, 2016 at 4:36:08 pm

Good luck finding something you like... and matching all the HDMI stuff... and finding a calibration you like.
Most of them do support both UHD and 4096 DCI, but not always widely advertised.

I have found there is an advantage to the big screen and 1:1 pixels (frozen pixels a little easier to find), although hard to get
a good fix on resident noise as most of the consumer displays are pretty noisy all by themselves. Before people get their shirst in knots, I'm not talking about graphic source material, wide-gamut goes a different path, and if you have shut off all the BestBuy supersized enhancements, it also exposes the weaknesses in the consumer circuitry.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]