FORUMS: list search recent posts

12.5.3 Feedback

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roen Davis
12.5.3 Feedback
on Nov 2, 2016 at 1:14:14 am

Hi CC'ers
anybody got anything to say about the new release?

I am mid project and not sure if the new release will reduce my crashes or . . . . .

to the deaf person the dancer appears mad

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: 12.5.3 Feedback
on Nov 3, 2016 at 4:51:53 am

No real problems for me, though the Point Tracker broke again. Was working before. Basically, the cursor won't change to a + for me. Was fine in 12.5.2.

Return to posts index

Roen Davis
Re: 12.5.3 Feedback
on Nov 6, 2016 at 7:03:21 am

thanks for the post!
I have been using it and it seems OK for me.
I have found the current project to be very crash prone on either 12.5.2 or .3.
It has come in on a WD 5.4TB with eSATA but the .xml from FCP7 together with the timeline having 3 x more media than I need seems to have made the system very burdened and slow to respond. It has taken a lot of sleuthing to get all the media into the right places and clear the layers of vision that I don't need and now I am Media Managing to my good drives - 3TB SSD RAID 0. I am hoping that should be a boost to responsiveness. The other day I spent the day putting in all the subtitles manually as they have had problems exporting the text from FCP (strange as other supers came through but the subtitles all had little slugs saying something like "roundtrip placeholder"). The point of this being that the day spent doing the subtitles, I had no crashes as, I assume, it was against guide vision on my RAID and didn't require the WD eSATA.

any reflections would be welcomed warmly!

to the deaf person the dancer appears mad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]