FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve for color and editing but then how to VFX???

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Frank
Resolve for color and editing but then how to VFX???
on Oct 30, 2016 at 8:30:24 pm

Hi,

I super love Resolve for grading and every day more for editing too.
But here ist stops!!!
Ill lock the edit and color in resolve and render a key pass and a beauty pass to pull the key in AE.
Final composite in AE with some extra color correction, light wrap etc to mach with 3D elements.
Isn't there a better way then sending a XML to Premiere and then to AE???
I mean if Blackmagic wants to establish Resolve as a NLE it should work as such and not depending on another NLE to get it to the VFX department.

Althoug would be great to do the final color composite on separate layer for the video clips and 3D sequences in Resolve not in AE. So there is the need for XLM from any VFX package to Resolve.

Any suggestion or anybody who shares this needs???

thanks
felix frank

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Resolve for color and editing but then how to VFX???
on Oct 31, 2016 at 12:43:56 am

Avid is a well established NLE...and you can't do a SENT TO AE like you can with Premiere. You have to send out the separate elements, or get the original elements and an EDL to the GFX guy and the do the work, and send back an exported file, as ANIMATION or DNxHD. Same with FCP Legacy...oh, and FCX. ANYTHING OTHER than Premiere Pro you need to send the separate elements to AE for the work. PPro has that special relationship as it's made by the same company...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Felix Frank
on Oct 31, 2016 at 1:06:00 am

Hmm I see,

I thought as Resolve wants to position itself on the maket as NLE they could offer a better solution for a VFX pipeline.
As they bought Nuke they cater to the VFX world so why not altho from Resolve???

Well maybe its just an outcry to the developers out there to offer better workflows.

thanks for your answer
ff

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Oct 31, 2016 at 5:42:59 am

[Felix Frank] "I thought as Resolve wants to position itself on the maket as NLE they could offer a better solution for a VFX pipeline. As they bought Nuke they cater to the VFX world so why not altho from Resolve???"
Actually, BMD bought Fusion, but I see the point. There could be a cleaner hand-off.

Return to posts index

Felix Frank
on Oct 31, 2016 at 5:56:12 am

Sorry for that one!!!
I wanted to say fusion but my hand wrote nuke...?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Oct 31, 2016 at 4:00:11 pm

[Felix Frank] " but my hand wrote nuke..."

Which started out as fission...

And... we used to be able to hand off VFX from Final Cut (Classic) to SHAKE, and Motion and FCP would play back .motn and LiveType projects without direct media export... &c., &c., -- it all depends on the internal protocols that the companies are willing to share or rabidly defend ("not share").

so, if you are relatively new to the field, (say less than ten years), welcome to the nut house. OR if that is not PC, to the "reality-challenged." Not that there isn't a ton of that going around.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]