FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get Avid Artist Color panel to work with Resolve 12.5

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Hartman
Can't get Avid Artist Color panel to work with Resolve 12.5
on Oct 12, 2016 at 11:16:13 pm

I am trying to set up an Avid Artist Color panel with Resolve on a new computer and can not get it to work in the program no matter what I do. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong or if I'm missing a step.

The panel is being recognized by EuControl and I have Resolve as the selected application in the EUCON control panel as well as have it selected in the Resolve preferences. I've tried with DCHP set to auto, manual with the IP address listed in Resolve and with a static IP. EuControl recognizes the panel each time but Resolve will not and it just displays the blank rectangles on the panel.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

The computer set-up and program versions are the following:

MB: ASUS ZPE-D8 WS
CPU: Dual Intel Xeon CPU E5-2683 v3 2.00GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
RAM: 64GB DDR5
Windows 10 64-bit
Resolve 12.5.2.010
EuControl 3.4.1

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Can't get Avid Artist Color panel to work with Resolve 12.5
on Oct 14, 2016 at 8:37:51 pm

try updating Eucontrol

Mine (windows 7) says 3.2.2

Glenn

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Oct 21, 2016 at 3:20:03 pm

Getting Artist Color to work with Resolve can be an exercise in frustration!

The last time I had this issue I discovered that uninstalling EU Control and then reinstalling solved the problem.

Other solutions have worked at other times ... it's a bit of a lottery requiring loads of patience.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 24, 2016 at 7:10:51 pm

The only time i've had issues is when someone else in the shop had a computer with Eucon software on it.

My panel was always linking up to his computer.

I am now in my own shop, with a Color panel, Transport panel, and Artist control panel.

All 3 run perfectly in MC, Resolve doesn't see the transport, but recognizes the color panel everytime the computer boots up in the morning. It will also use the Artist Control panel for all the mapped keystroke functions...which is more of a windows thing than a Resolve thing.

I haven't struggled to get it to recognize the color panel for years...again, running windows.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Oct 24, 2016 at 7:22:57 pm

[Glenn Sakatch] "I haven't struggled to get it to recognize the color panel for years"

I exaggerate, and yes, here too the panel works just fine almost all the time.

On a very few occasions, something can throw it off - perhaps the installation of something that is conflicting with it - and then it can be a bit of a rigmarole to get it back working as it should.

it pays to know as many strategies as you can for making this happen.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]