FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X compound clips will not cache

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Kutchera
Final Cut Pro X compound clips will not cache
on Oct 12, 2016 at 4:59:07 pm

I am working from a Final Cut X XML. Everything linked fine and plays fine. But there are a lot of clips that are compound clips from FCPX. When you look at the info panel, there is no codec listed. These shots will not render cache, nor will the convert to optimized media. I suspect they will therefore, also not render on export later. Is this expected behaviour? Is there a solution? All other non-compound clips work list a codec and work as expected.

I am on Resolve Studio 12.5.2 on a 2009 quad core 2.66 Mac Pro with 16 gb memory and a GTX 570 for GPU and GT120 for GUI with OSX 10.10.5 I do not have Final Cut Pro X installed, but have the prores pro video codecs installed.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!
Dennis Kutchera

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Final Cut Pro X compound clips will not cache
on Oct 13, 2016 at 3:20:44 am

I always decompose. FCPX creates compounds whenever plugins are added, even when they don't show as compounds in FCPX. It's a translation issue.

You can select more than one clip and decompose but I have found that sometimes sync slips a frame. It isn't consistent. So you could just select a bunch of clips and right mouse (Windows) select decompose from the drop down. Go through and decompose before you do anything. If you grade a compound and decompose the grade disappears.

Check sync against your reference video. I do this by putting the reference on the top layer, setting opacity to 50% and then you can quickly jump through each shot and see if the shots match perfectly which means you still have sync. If not roll to resync individual shots. One little gottcha is speed changed compounds must have the speed changed to +100% before they will decompose then you put the speed back on. From there you will have no issues with rendering or caching and the correct codec info is displayed.

Multicam can also be decompose with the same technique.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]