FORUMS: list search recent posts

davinci resolve and fusion-light bulb moment

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bob kimberly
davinci resolve and fusion-light bulb moment
on Oct 1, 2016 at 7:30:46 am

not sure if i just had an epiphany or i'm just being clever, but it seems to me that now with the interaction between fusion and davinci there is even less reason to upgrade to the full on studio version for my workflow...
for example i often grade from home and if i need noise reduction on shots i take my project to the office and apply noise reduction to the clips i need (using markers to identify them of course)and render it out there....working this way gives me the best of both worlds....i don't have to commute to a job everyday saving me tons on fuel and parking and avoiding traffic hell stress...in effect i become a satellite work station for the production company...
but heres my "aha"moment...one day while i was playing with fusion (also the free version) i noticed that black magic have kindly included noise reduction and film grain...a colorists 2 best friends! the light bulb lit up...could i really now send a clip to fusion, apply noise reduction and even grain and just send it back to davinci for export.....oh yeah baby!
of course it is an extra step but it sure seems painless to me.....

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: davinci resolve and fusion-light bulb moment
on Oct 2, 2016 at 1:38:37 am

Just spend the money and buy Resolve Studio. You can get a dongle for a few hundred dollars on eBay.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]