FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve roundtrip. Accidentally deleted xml Can't generate another one that links to the CC'ed clips

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hanqin Lin
Resolve roundtrip. Accidentally deleted xml Can't generate another one that links to the CC'ed clips
on Sep 28, 2016 at 1:45:55 am

So here is a bit of a noob question I guess.

When I do the roundtrip from Resolve 12.5 back to Adobe Premiere Pro CC, for some stupid reason I deleted the XML that was generated when doing the roundtrip export setup in Resolve. And I thought oh well I will just go to edit page, click on the timeline again and export a XML that way.

But, when I try to import the newly created XML into Premiere, it actually faithfully links to the camera raw files instead of my exported CC'ed clips in the folder, i.e.: V1-A003C009 something.

So there should be a way to regenerate the XML that's pointing to all the uniquely named CC clips that was just rendered right? If so, where is this option hiding...?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jean-Fran├žois Robichaud
Re: Resolve roundtrip. Accidentally deleted xml Can't generate another one that links to the CC'ed clips
on Sep 28, 2016 at 5:29:27 pm

Resolve remembers the link to your rendered file as long as the Render item remains in the Render Queue. If it's still there, then an XML exported from the Edit page will link to your graded media. If you removed the item from the queue, then the XML will link to the original, ungraded media. There is no way to get Resolve to remember where the graded media is, you need to rerender.

Or, if you feel lucky, try this: manually import your graded media into a new Resolve project, then import the XML, but deselect "Automatically import source clips into Media Pool". It should reconnect to the graded media in the media pool, but only if it's got proper timecode and reel ID. If this works, then export a new XML.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]