FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need two tone son white to look the same in DaVinci Resolve 12.5 lite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wes Cordell
Need two tone son white to look the same in DaVinci Resolve 12.5 lite
on Sep 27, 2016 at 7:12:26 pm

Hi guys! I am correcting and having a problem i thought (incorrectly) would be a simple solution. I have a few product shots that were filmed on a white background. The background is comprised of just two pieces of white plexi glass. The plexiglass is technically the same color of white but the shading on one side makes the line that divides the pieces obvious in the video. Unfortunately the product (which is in the dead center of the screen) has the same colors on it and many small pieces lying out in front of it so a mask isn't doing the trick. How would you all go about matching the two sides of white? I've tried using the dropper and masks, but neither worked for me.

Best,

Wes

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Need two tone son white to look the same in DaVinci Resolve 12.5 lite
on Sep 28, 2016 at 1:04:10 am

So the line runs behind the product? Are you using the freehand mask and tracking it to isolate the product and then luma keying the white plexiglass to a white background?

A frame to illustrate would help

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Need two tone son white to look the same in DaVinci Resolve 12.5 lite
on Sep 28, 2016 at 2:45:32 am
Last Edited By Marc Wielage on Sep 28, 2016 at 2:46:28 am

There are some issues where you're better off using the tools in an actual compositing program like Fusion or Nuke instead of Resolve. Resolve won't get you all the way.

If you can't do the VFX yourself, there are affordable people out there who will do the work for you. I never have a problem finding a guy and throwing him (or her) a few shots that I know they can do 276 times better than I can in Resolve.

Getting white backgrounds to look absolutely seamless and perfect can be tricky even under the best of circumstances, like on a very large stage that's very evenly lit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]