FORUMS: list search recent posts

LUT Conversion

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis Otero
LUT Conversion
on Jan 11, 2011 at 12:39:10 pm

Hello,

Posted this under another thread that may not be the most suitable, so here we go...

I am having so many problems to understand the proper workflow to generate
decent LUTs out of Color Finesse to be used by Resolve. My workflow is as follows:

1. Using Color Finesse, select one of the Kodak looks presets, and apply to an immage
2. Generate LUTs from CF (all of them, including the one for HDLinkPro3D)
3. Trying to use them within Resolve do not yield anything resembling to the
original image.
4. If I load them into the HDLink, it works perfect, but it is not part of the
grading scheme, just monitoring.
5. If I further save the LUT from HDLink, and apply it to Resolve, also do not yield
anything resembling to the original image.
5. If I try to use the Workflow A described on the Resolve Manual for LUT creation, the grading
is weird and ugly.

Where can I fing LUTs to download (free or paying for them)? Is there any other
workflow you suggest so I can use the Kodak/other looks from Color Finesse for DaVinci?

Thanks,

Luis Otero

Return to posts index

Alexander Higgins
Re: LUT Conversion
on Jan 11, 2011 at 5:21:57 pm

Look through this site.

http://lightillusion.com/

It should have everything you want to play with, also they sell a LUT conversion tool.

Return to posts index

Luis Otero
on Jan 11, 2011 at 5:32:34 pm

Yes, I am corresponding with Steve at Light Illusion right now. Will send some examples for his evaluation.

Which is the conversion software they sell to do this? Does it run on Mac?

Thanks!!!

Luis

Return to posts index

Diego Gilly
on Mar 1, 2013 at 1:27:14 am

Hey man! I've made a LUT for the Red in RED CINEPRO X. I just want to know a basic thing:
How do you actually load this file into the Red Epic camera?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Jan 12, 2011 at 2:29:39 am

Hi Luis,

I suspect the "SA Color Finesse" is not outputting the LUT in a Resolve friendly format. My recommendation would be use the .cube format, and you can refer to the Alexa LUTs which work for you as a guideline.

It it doesn't support that format, another way is to use the any software to burn/apply the LUT onto the trim_lut0.dpx file and save it as a new DPX file.

You can get this file from /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/trim_lut0.dpx

Now, take this LUT into Resolve, and use the "Generate LUT from Current Grade" function in the Config/LUTS section to generate a new LUT. There are a few settings you need to set to be able to use this, HD system resolution, etc. (documented in the manual I think), but once you have done this you will have Resolve usable LUT.

Regards,
Rohit

p.s. This question was also posted on the Red forum - so linking that issue here as well

http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?p=707767&posted=1#post707767

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]