FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci 8.2 Lite, TIMECODE does match, Reel does match... No force conform XML....

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Tremblay
Davinci 8.2 Lite, TIMECODE does match, Reel does match... No force conform XML....
on Jan 7, 2012 at 1:45:45 am

Hi guys!

I'm kinda tired... I'm trying to conform a sequence XML from Final Cut since this afternoon in Resolve LITE 8.2 without any glance of success... Should I go get a full version? I have access to one but I fairly doubt that this will solve my problems...

Some clips relink... but...

I get Reel does not match, Timecode does not match from very specific and numerous shots. All the shots are Canon DSLR converted in Prores 422 with Time Of Day timecode. All my footage is in 29.976p. I did a media management and cleaned my sequence from any title and variable motion effects.

I've tried :

Changing the reel inside FCP
Creating a offline sequence in Media Management and export an XML out of it.
Loading my clip first in the browser then load my XML/EDl
An EDL
Use framecount instead of timecode and imbedded...
Use Source imbedded Reel and without
Praying
Wishing
Swearing

One thing : the force conform option is only working for EDL imported sequence... Jeez...

When I work with DSLR's, it's ever ready action packed trouble ... :(

Return to posts index

charlie edison
Re: Davinci 8.2 Lite, TIMECODE does match, Reel does match... No force conform XML....
on Jan 10, 2012 at 8:01:24 am

Did you get this sorted or do you need more help ?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Tremblay
Re: Davinci 8.2 Lite, TIMECODE does match, Reel does match... No force conform XML....
on Jan 12, 2012 at 5:21:50 am

Hey, hi!

Yeah, I would definitely need help... This project is totally damned by the devil... :)

I temporally transfers the show (an entire serie...) on Color (oh jeez... sooooo slow...) waiting to be able to work on DaVinci again.

So the detail :

The project (5D + Gopro + very few shots from a crappy cam) all transfered to 29.976p Prores422 using the log and tranfers. All shots have a reel name, timecode (TOD). They have used the multiclip feature to sync to audio...

Every episode is somewhat huge... 1 hour 1200 cuts... The original sequence is connected to somewhat 2-3 terra of footage.

I think the problem come from the multiclip...

I've tried the collapse, uncollapse and then make offline (using media management) and try to use the XML from this offline sequence... Without any success. I'll try it differently tomorrow...

(thanks Mathieu Marano for the tips with the multiclip!)

I'll try tomorrow to export and EDL, reimport it in FCP, prepare the sequence for Dav... Maybe the EDL will kill the multiclip...?

Any suggestion? :)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

charlie edison
on Jan 12, 2012 at 7:05:58 am

So let me get this straight,

all the footage has been ingested into AVID via log and transfer ?

If yes then,

once your edit is locked off, you should Export an AAF and include all Video using the
Consolidate method with some handles and transcode to the highest codec available.
(Any Effects not supported in the round trip process are treated as simple cut transitions so they can still be graded)

Across on your resolve,
You don't need to add clips to your Media Pool, go straight to the Conform page with no sessions and select ‘Load’. Select the AAF that you just exported from Media Composer, select auto project settings and auto find source clips, (You now need to identify the location of the AVID consolidated media media during this process).
Once done, you should see your conform as it was in AVID..
if not Exit here and head to the PUB!

IF yes then.. you can now go ahead a grade..
Once the grade is done its time to render …
DON'T go to the conform page and change sessions,
with the session or timeline that you just graded, go to the render page.

Choose Easy setup and select "Avid AAF Round Trip"
then the render resolution
"DO NOT uncheck Render clips with Unique Filenames"

Enter in handles the same as in your AVID AFF export and consolidate media,

Enter a destination PATH and hit render,

You mentioned it was a 1 hour PRGM, goto back to the PUB for 2HRS,

Once the render is complete, close render tab and go straight to conform tab, (don't change session) and export AAF called "Graded_……"

Back to AVID now.

Copy the media from the resolve render into AVID MXF media folder, create a new one with a new number just to separate it from other footage,
Open your AVID project, the same one as your offline and then open the media tool and refresh the media database,
if this works, inside that folder you just created, you should be able to see a new " msmMMOB.mdb "
Its a double check sort of thing seeing - means AVID noticed something new.

Then import your AAF, "Graded_….." you exported from resolve, into a new bin. The media and the graded timeline should appear. If not,
go back to the PUB….

But I reckon it will all be there.
All you need to do now is copy tracks with text etc from your off-line, place them over the new sequence, apply any other effects and basically master the job..

This should work..

Return to posts index

Jonathan Tremblay
on Jan 12, 2012 at 7:10:26 am

I'm sorry, the project is on Final Cut... :)

I would have hoped an Avid... more easy to tweak (in my mind, thought) but it's stuck that way!

Return to posts index

charlie edison
on Jan 12, 2012 at 8:17:32 am

Is your FCP and Resolve connected to the same storage or are you moving files between systems and storage?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Tremblay
on Jan 12, 2012 at 5:58:00 pm

I forgot to add that I did a Media Management before I send everything in grading.

The media is on the same machine and I did not move anything afterward. We have everything connected to Pegasus drives in thunderbolt. (the entire MM is on a unique drive, thought)

This situation is kinda new to me, I have a lot of experience on Resolve with weird and complicated projects, Avid and FCP included, and this is the first time that a major problem happen like that...

Hmmm hmm... Thanks for your help! :)

Return to posts index

darrin klimek
on Jun 25, 2012 at 9:10:34 pm

I'm having the same problem with round trip from fcpx to davinci resolve lite. I've got a time line with an interview and b-roll sitting on top of it in places. The b-roll comes in perfectly but the interview clips in the main timeline are all the wrong footage. I get a window poping up after I've hit load in the conform tab and selected the xml fcpx file that says: The clip (it gives specific time code) can't be linked to the media file (more timecode (id).mov) because the timecode extends doesn't match.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Corrado Magalotti
on Aug 25, 2012 at 3:47:08 pm

same problem here, i couldn't import successfully an fcpx multiclip xml in resolve.
never!
before with 8.2 lite or now with the new 9 lite beta. Always same problem you described, wrong clips or error in timecode.
i want to try to export an un-edited multiclip to resolve to understand what's happen, we'll see.
:(

Corrado Magalotti
Tam Tam Studio Rec.
Cesena - Italy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]