FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-linking back to RAW media from Proxys and an edit in FCPX

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Witthaus
Re-linking back to RAW media from Proxys and an edit in FCPX
on Jul 15, 2015 at 8:16:53 pm

Got a client shooting RAW media. In Resolve they will make ProRes proxies for me to edit with in FCPX. When I send the XML back to Resolve for color, how will she link back to RAW media? Any white papers of good tutorial videos out there on this subject? Thanks in advance.

sw

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Re-linking back to RAW media from Proxys and an edit in FCPX
on Jul 15, 2015 at 10:14:32 pm

When loading the xml there is a check box for relink to camera originals and uncheck import media automatically. That way it should look for the original camera file extention not the .mov and path in the xml. Bring the original media into the project first and then run the xml to create the sequence timeline.

It would also help if the edit media is not available so just bring in the xml and don't plug the drive in with the edit proxy media.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jul 16, 2015 at 12:38:29 am

Thanks Michael. So she should create the proxies to a different drive and then the XML will find that original media on the original media drive?

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 16, 2015 at 2:06:32 am

Yes I presume the proxies will go on a portable drive to the edit. All that is needed is to take the xml back to Resolve without the proxy media.

I have just done a job like that where the RED media was here and the proxies sent to Ireland to edit and the AAF sent back to me via email which relinked to the RED media here with those settings on import.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jul 21, 2015 at 1:14:05 am

Thanks. The XML to Resolve worked well, but with one big oddity. If I changed any of the names of the clips in FCPX (not at the finder level), Resolve will still relink but not see the clip as a RAW clip and have all the handles you get on a RAW clip. Now, that is what I observed; I was not the Resolve editor. As anyone seen this? The editor was working on R11. Thanks.

Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]