on Mar 2, 2014 at 4:41:14 am Last Edited By Jesse Glucksman on Mar 2, 2014 at 4:41:56 am
I don't know what to do about this. Out of nowhere today, there is a major, untenable lag between the drives I'm using and Resolve. If I click on a different shot, it takes a couple seconds to switch. If I change shots several times, several seconds later everything I did runs through quickly. Playback goes at about 1fps and generally stalls out, when normally I'd reliably get 15-20fps. The thumbnails on the timeline don't update.
Nothing has changed. It started acting this way this afternoon. I just installed 10.1.2 and the issue persists.
The film I'm doing is on three 4 gig G-Raids which have never caused any issue until today.
The only difference is that on the thumbnails on my color page there is now a percentage number above the shot count. I don't know where that came from or how to make it go away.
I'm running 10.1.2 on my MacPro 5,1 with 32gb RAM and a GTX 780 for shared GPU/GUI. The project is a feature shot on the Sony F55 and I'm grading the MXFs directly.
I have a client session in the morning. This SUCKS.
Freaking Render Cache! I don't know what I did to turn it on. Some keystroke my clumsy-assed fingers hit by accident. I looked up the percentage numbers I mentioned in the users manual and figured out where to turn the cache off. Problem solved.
With appreciation to any of the brilliant folks here who would've figured out what I needed to do if I hadn't managed to do so first.
If only I could figure out how to delete this thread...