FORUMS: list search recent posts

Merging projects and / or exporting grades with tracking info

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Stonehouse
Merging projects and / or exporting grades with tracking info
on May 11, 2012 at 2:43:00 am

Putting together a demo project with some selected shots from various things I have worked on

I'd love to be able to preserve my grades and my (fairly complicated) tracks (so export xml, save grades as stills does not work)

Is there a way to merge two projects?

Or a way of exporting grades that will preserve track information?

Thanks,

Daniel Stonehosue

Return to posts index

Andrew Anderson
Re: Merging projects and / or exporting grades with tracking info
on May 11, 2012 at 3:28:44 am

Colortrace your timeline back to your original projects

Davinci Resolve Control Surface
MacPro
Cubix desktop 4
2 Red Rockets
GTX470+GTX470+GTX285
24GB RAM
HP Dreamcolor

Return to posts index

Dr.Bob Abell
on Dec 6, 2018 at 4:10:46 am

I am relatively new to Davinci, using 14 pro. I have tried several different ways to combine or merge projects, by opening two projects and cut and paste from one to the other. I have tried copying timeline (select all/switch project/paste) and also first creating composite clip, and copying that, then decomposing in place. I tried separately first copying the bins, since bins don't seem to be created with either timeline copy or composite clip copy.

In virtually every case, I lose my linked audio tracks. SFX tracks come over fine, but the audio linked to video gets lost in cyberspace.

The clip still shows the linked attributes, but the audio track is dead. (In fact, I can then with 100% reliability crash Davinci if I attempt to resynch from waveform without first resetting the video track to the embedded camera audio.)

Am I missing something obvious (or not so obvious) here?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Dec 7, 2018 at 2:23:36 am

Which version of Resolve? What OS? What hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, I/O)? What type of camera & audio source files?

Using Dynamic Project Switching in the Project Menu should "in theory" let you have two open projects at one time and cut-and-paste some or all of the clips from different timelines into other timelines. The grades and tracking will come over automatically with the clips.

Return to posts index

Dr.Bob Abell
on Dec 7, 2018 at 4:40:45 am

Resolve 14 studio (licensed); Win 10 pro; I7 on Aesus motherboard, 32 Meg ram, Nvidia 1060, dual SSDs+external Seagate 6GB USB3. Most of the footage shot with a Sony FSII at 23.926 f/s. 4096x2160, timeline cropped 2.35:1.

5-track external audio boom and lavs mixed down to stereo in Audacity. Synched to footage (MXF) using autosynch to waveform - one stereo track. Separate bins for each scene with footage and wav files, plus bin for SFX, stills.

Opened both projects in Resolve. Clips to be copied show single stereo track linked audio, with separate room tone track + sfx.

Did select all, copy, switch project, paste to end of timeline. Everything looks good. Clips still show linked audio in attributes. Background sound and effect copy fine. Grades, tracking, greenscreen stuff, everything fine - EXCEPT the linked audio track is non-existent. And if I attempt to re-sync audio for a clip, and (stupidly) forget to reset the clip to embedded (camera) audio, Resolve will start to analyse, and then crash 100% of the time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]