FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid MC 6 aaf to Davinci Resolve Lite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronald Wilk
Avid MC 6 aaf to Davinci Resolve Lite
on Jan 28, 2012 at 9:06:44 pm

Hello,
I am a new Resolve user (8.2 beta edition) running on a 12 core MacPro, and have been trying to ingest aaf files (DnxHD transcoded clips or AMA) generated by Media Composer 6. When I tried to "load aaf," I receive a message that in essence says, "no session found".

Is there a step by step tutorial somewhere that demonstrates the proper method for a round-trip of such files, or is there a user who would be willing to provide instructions for accomplishing same?

Thank you in advance,
Ron

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Avid MC 6 aaf to Davinci Resolve Lite
on Jan 28, 2012 at 9:31:11 pm

Loading an AAF is similar to loading an XML, and it is accomplished in the "Conform" dialog, using the "Load" command, and then you browse to the AAF in response to the application's request to "Choose a file to Import". If that AAF isn't recognized by the browser, there is likely a problem with the export from AVID. You will also be directed by the browser to point the loader to the media that you should have established as part of the DaVinci database, and the source footage will also be loaded to the Media Pool.

The operation is covered in detail in the manual starting about page 130 or so.

Successful AAF round trips between systems usually involves a consolidated export, transcoded to something like the MXF-wrapped DNxHD codec. Quicktime DNxHD is not supported by Resolve at this time.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

Ronald Wilk
Re: Avid MC 6 aaf to Davinci Resolve Lite
on Jan 29, 2012 at 2:32:32 am

Thank you for your speedy and helpful reply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]