FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feature request: Ability to reconform with version in timeline

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Bermudas
Feature request: Ability to reconform with version in timeline
on Sep 21, 2011 at 2:33:47 am

I just noticed that if I reconform with an EDL or XML to a project where the timeline I'm working have versions, the new timeline will have those shots with default version, and not the one I previously chose.
I understand that although the grades are in the master session whichever version I chose is per timeline, but it would be cool that when we do a reconform to let you choose which timeline to match versions to.

Return to posts index

Gabriele Turchi
Re: Feature request: Ability to reconform with version in timeline
on Sep 21, 2011 at 2:00:27 pm

i agree ...

but probably should ask what conform match the versions to (because sometimes on commercial world you have multiple conforms that use different versions (when the edit change (like for example the 15" cut down of a 30" ) even the grade of some shots change (because influenced by the previous and next shot

but when you have a 2H features and they give you the revised edit ...yes this would be very very very useful ...

or : a button that say : make all the version in Use the default one (so in case of the full length film with 3000 cuts this would work ...)

g

Davinci Resolve Control Surface
MacPro
Cubix desktop 4
2 Red Rocket
GT120+GTX470+GTX285
24GB RAM
HD Dreamcolor
Panasonic 58PF Plasma

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Sep 21, 2011 at 2:02:36 pm

I totally agree on that request, G !!

A slice of color...

DaVinci 8.0.1 OSX 10.7
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB eSata 6TB
GTX 470 / GT 120
Extreme 3D+ WAVE

http://www.saschahaber.com

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Sep 21, 2011 at 5:31:01 pm

I think the problem is when you have multiple shots that belong to a same clip and are grouped, if it's basing its grade by the shot name, maybe a workaround would be something similar to color trace but within the same project?
Also being able to set that version as default, like beauty grade in Apple Color, would be helpful.

Return to posts index

Pat Wintersgill
on Jan 2, 2012 at 4:13:03 pm

I'd love something like this.

I have a feature film which I graded, then the edit changed so I reconformed and all the grades copied over automatically from the master timeline. So far so good. The clients will be in tomorrow to make changes, but then I'll be supplied with 80+ new VFX shots.

So I can either save my grades for all the changes that we make tomorrow, reconform the new VFX and copy the grades over manually, or stick with my current Resolve timeline and manually edit in 80 shots. Neither option is very tempting! Does anyone have any ideas about a smart way of automating it?

Best,

Pat Wintersgill
Colourist / Head of D.I.
http://www.creativitymedia.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]