FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX quits using Lock&Load then Command Z'ing out

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Mike Lemons
FCPX quits using Lock&Load then Command Z'ing out
on Aug 25, 2018 at 12:03:46 pm

Hi everyone - after having repeated crashes (5/6) using the Lock&Load trial, I figured what was causing it in all those instances.
Its trying to undo a stabilisation right after using Command Z
Has anyone else experienced this / further confirm this?

Thanks ML

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who cant handle reality.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: FCPX quits using Lock&Load then Command Z'ing out
on Dec 13, 2018 at 6:50:17 pm

CoreMelt makes great, professionally codec plug-ins. But they are typically doing a LOT of calculation work under the hood in order to produce their results.
This puts pressure on all the other parts of the workflow system.
Memory, Processor, GPU, speed of storage access, whatever.
If you start and stop processes like this a lot, it can result in messed up code hangups - I suspect particularly with "real time" effects oriented processes where the program is storing lots of data in volatile RAM as it operates.
Stabilization is a particular challenge because the program can see a stretch of modest shake and do fine - then encounter a brief WILD SWING - and go into a mode of trying to add that anomaly to it's shake handling profile - which screws up the entire process.
I'd replace the sequences you've been playing with with fresh ones, work on smaller sections where the shake is reasonably consistent, apply the effect cleanly ONE time, and let it fully calculate. See if that helps.
Knowing nothing about your hardware, it's also possible that you are asking it to lift something heavier than it's engine is rated for - but that would be my LAST guess, since often, heavy tasks like stabilization can definitely slow X down - but not typically stop it.
Good luck.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]