FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editors Retreat?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zheng Wang
Editors Retreat?
on Jan 22, 2020 at 10:43:06 pm

Hi! Does anyone know what happened to the Editors Retreat (http://editorsretreat.com/)? I was hoping to attend in 2019, but a date was never announced. The website still says "2019 dates & location coming soon." I sent an email inquiry through the website, and never received a response.

Is the event dead?

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: Editors Retreat?
on Mar 23, 2020 at 9:02:47 pm

It hadn't really registered with me that I hadn't heard anyone talking about the 2019 Editor's Retreat, and looking at their Facebook page, it doesn't look like it happened at all. There certainly aren't any posts about it, or photos from it, but plenty of both for 2018.

In any case, we can assume that there's nothing happening for 2020. ☺

Future Media Concepts, which had been hosting the Editor's Retreat, has been going through some changes as they sort out how to organize their business around local training centers on one hand, and events and roadshows on the other. I can imagine a scenario where some form of the Editor's Retreat returns, but I can also see how in their minds, Post Production World at NAB, plus major events for Adobe, Avid, and Blackmagic, and the rise of worldwide groups like The Blue Collar Post Collective, heck, even Facebook, have made it somewhat redundant.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]