FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Founder

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
The Founder
on Dec 24, 2019 at 3:48:17 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Dec 24, 2019 at 5:54:53 pm

Dramatized story of how Ray Kroc "discovered" the McDonald Brothers restaurant and franchised it. Really interesting and enjoyable story. Nic Offerman steals every scene he's in, and that's almost the entire movie. The behind the scenes story of the invention of the "speedy Service System" is entertaining and riveting.

Michael Keaton does a nice job showing the transformation of Kroc's personality as he evolves the McDonald's restaurant model. You start out rooting for him, then eventually hating him. What you witness is a journey and transformation from being a devoted apostle... to becoming the prophet himself.

And it's realized at the end by Ray locking the McDonald Brothers out of being able to use their own name on their restaurant, editing the history of the evolution of the idea on the brand to cut the brothers out, reneging on the "handshake deal" for their royalties, posing with the artist renderings of the prototype restaurant made by the Brothers as if they were his own idea, and finally, updating his business card from "partner" to "Founder".

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: The Founder
on Jan 13, 2020 at 4:26:33 pm

I really liked this film. It was very interesting to experience a film where you are cheering for the main character and hoping he finally gets a break. The film twists and turns and then all of the sudden you hate the main character by the end. I'm trying to think of other films where that happens. It sort of happened in Social Network but I thought the main character wasn't that likable even at the start of the film. It is like a reverse character arch.

Stephen Smith

Savvy Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 13, 2020 at 4:54:52 pm

Maybe Michael Douglas in "Falling Down"? Michael Keaton is really good at these kinds of characters. In The Circle, he's like a friendly version of Steve Jobs at first but then you slowly see he's just real Steve Jobs, lol.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 13, 2020 at 10:49:02 pm

The fast-food scene in Falling Down was right on. I can't believe it took to about a year ago for McDonald's to offer breakfast beyond 10am. I love how the fast-food employee when held at gunpoint just turns around and grabs the breakfast item that was there the whole time.

Stephen Smith

Savvy Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]