FORUMS: list search recent posts

GPU usage by Element 3D

COW Forums : Video Copilot

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabe Blank
GPU usage by Element 3D
on Dec 28, 2018 at 11:53:58 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm currently building out a PC at work and wondering how much cash to drop on the GPU.

I'm painfully aware that After Effects uses the GPU very little. However I have read a few places that Element 3D (Which I use a lot for projects entirely computer generated) uses the GPU almost exclusively.

Is this true? If so, is it worth it to pick up something like the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti? Or what GPUs are the most suited for Element?

Investing in a top tier CPU and a lot of memory is a given. The GPU is an additional expense and not at the cost of something else.

Thanks a ton for any help,

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: GPU usage by Element 3D
on Dec 29, 2018 at 9:40:01 am
Last Edited By Kalleheikki Kannisto on Dec 29, 2018 at 9:55:20 am

Recommended graphics cards here: https://www.videocopilot.net/assets/public/misc/Element-GPUs.pdf

I have GTX 980 and 1080, both work great, and I do most of my work with Element. 980 is a bit borderline for complex scenes in 4K, 1080 has no problem with them.

If I needed to do 8K more than once in a blue moon, I'd look into the 2080, but that would most likely require a different computer, plus an 8K monitor as well.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Gabe Blank
Re: GPU usage by Element 3D
on Jan 15, 2019 at 10:18:35 pm

Great information. Can I ask what CPU you're using and how Element projects handle it? I'm debating lots of cores with lower clock (like the threadripper) vs lower cores with higher clock. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]