FORUMS: list search recent posts

Element: Making a Liquid from the Motion Design kit a multi object

COW Forums : Video Copilot

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Schmitt
Element: Making a Liquid from the Motion Design kit a multi object
on Jul 26, 2012 at 2:41:32 pm

Hi Guys! I've been looking for a reason to play with Element and thought of one this morning.
I'm doing a shot of a guy self-administering a Heimlich Maneuver. I thought it would be fun to have a spray of spit emerge with the steak.

Right now I've got a layer with Particle Illusion and it looks okay, but I thought that if i could animate one of the liquid models in Element, it might look better.

So far I can't make the liquid into multiple objects. I followed Andrew's Tute where he mentions selecting: Multi-Object/Enable. But this doesn't seem to do the trick.

Is there a fast way to do this? I'm dropping the attempt for now and trying to make particles out of primitives.

Thanks for any suggestions!

MIKE

Return to posts index

Mike Schmitt
Re: Element: Making a Liquid from the Motion Design kit a multi object
on Jul 26, 2012 at 3:22:33 pm

I'm going to try to cut out water (spit) drops and apply them the same way I would use text. Then maybe I can use small primitives for the smaller droplets.

I'll let you know how it works.

Return to posts index

Mike Schmitt
on Jul 26, 2012 at 4:12:12 pm

Oh, hey. There's a water drop in the primitives. Very handy!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jul 30, 2012 at 8:41:30 pm

Hi Mike -

One thought on the water droplets. When someone does the Heimlich manuever, the result is pretty explosive. I would think that a simple particle expulsion/explosion from a point or area, with motion blur turned on would remove the need for actual 3D, since it happens so fast. Just a thought...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]