FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any Suggestion

COW Forums : Video Copilot

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Obi
Any Suggestion
on Nov 17, 2011 at 5:48:25 am

Can any body help please? I am looking for any suggestions on any basic editing theory and creativity DVD series that go through lessons on developing fil editing skill? I have been searching online tirelesslly and endlessly to no avail and can find nothing. I am not software specific. I cannot attend classes so I'm looking for a learning tool condensed in a DVD series that teach various types of cuts, editing certain genres, transitions, artistic editing techniques etc. I use Sony Vegas personally, and I am an at an intermediate level. This shouldn't matter though, as I am interested in learning technique, and the reasoning of deciding when to cut from one scene to the other etc. Please help if you can.

Return to posts index

Kaido Plado
Re: Any Suggestion
on Nov 27, 2011 at 1:14:21 pm

Have you read some film theory or editing books specifically? For a start I recommend you a "5C's to Cinematography" for getting touch with basics. There are quite interesting chapters like continuity which talks more about camera placement or cutting, I think it is an essential book for everyone, who is interested in filmmaking. And I'm quite sure, that it should help to develop your editing skill. Second book which I have only skimmed is "In the Blink of an Eye" by Walter Munch. This book is specially dedicated to film editing and my my first impression about that book was really good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]