FORUMS: list search recent posts

Andrew's Lightsaber Tutorial KEYFRAME

COW Forums : Video Copilot

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
Andrew's Lightsaber Tutorial KEYFRAME
on May 8, 2009 at 9:54:02 am

Hi..

I downloaded Andrew's Lightsaber preset. My question is, when I insert the preset on a solid, and want the saber to appear a couple of frames in the video. I set the start and end time to make the keyframes. But the saber shows from the start of the footage anywhere, and only moves when the keyframe are set. But I want the saber to appear on a sudden time!! Do i have to make the saber invinsible until I want it to appear or what??

please advise.

Hamid

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
Re: Andrew's Lightsaber Tutorial KEYFRAME
on May 8, 2009 at 8:10:41 pm

Anyone??

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 8, 2009 at 10:00:40 pm

Your solid layer's In point should be at the time when you want the lightsabre to appear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-Bilverdy
on May 8, 2009 at 10:14:24 pm

Todd!!

Thanks a lot, I think just saved me lots of additionels questions, time, tut and web seeking.

Because I guess with any effect I apply and want to appear in a specific time, I just move the solids in point to where I want that effect to appear. Am I right??

I really appreciate your reply and help.

Best regards Hamid
Denmark

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 8, 2009 at 10:18:58 pm

> Because I guess with any effect I apply and want to appear in a specific time, I just move the solids in point to where I want that effect to appear. Am I right??

Yes. That is true with any layer. Move it in time (or trim it) so that the In point is where you want it to start and the Out point is where you want to end.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]