FORUMS: list search recent posts

Software on laptop to emulate view finder for camcorder

COW Forums : Video Copilot

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Warren
Software on laptop to emulate view finder for camcorder
on Apr 24, 2009 at 8:04:23 pm

Hello -

I own a JVC 5000U Video Camera. It has a firewire output. What I would like to do is to output the video from the camera to my laptop (brand new, MacBook Pro, 17", running BootCamp, Windows XP SP3).

I know it will require software to accomplish this, but I can't find any.

Thanks for your help.

Mark Warren
Hope Studios

Return to posts index

Mark Warren
Re: Software on laptop to emulate view finder for camcorder
on Apr 24, 2009 at 9:20:18 pm

I should have added earlier that I already tried Adobe Visual Communicator 3...which only has this functionality if you have a second monitor.

I want to carry my laptop with my video camera, plug in my firewire and be able to use my 17" laptop monitor as my viewfinder.

Thanks again for your help.

Mark

Return to posts index

Mark Hanson
Re: Software on laptop to emulate view finder for camcorder
on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:25:38 pm

Easy enough

First update all of your video and audio codecs on the computer you want to use. Some places I remember are CCCP and Divix or DivX something like that.

Now your computer may recognize the DV connection in web cam programs like Manycam or Tracker Cam there are several.

If you want to record go to Media program like Cyberlink Power Director, sometimes MS movie maker, Typically you have to go in the program and tell it what device you want to capture video from and your device should be there if its plugged in and turned on, via whatever connection you use.

Most of these came with your computer or are avalible as freeware. The trick is finding the right combination that works for your equipment. I have a different set of programs that only work for the specific video source I use (DV, Analog, through Capture Cards/Devices, etc, USB, Firewire) I have not found one program yet (free anyway) that works with all devices. Some even recognize the device but for some unknown reason will not show the picture. Trial and error is the only way I have figured it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]