FORUMS: list search recent posts

Struggling with vectors in Adobe illustrator.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christoff Wolmarans
Struggling with vectors in Adobe illustrator.
on Jun 25, 2020 at 2:06:37 pm

Hi everybody.
I am so frustrated with the adobe illustrator drawing apps on my iPad. The one is illustrator draw, and the other adobe fresco.
My problem is I need to draw in vectors and although the apps allow you to draw in vectors, when you export or save the files and open them on the desktop apps, they are either converted back to pixels ( fresco only allows to save as psd and not AI) and the illustrator app’s vectors changes to filled outline vectors with many editing points in stead of strokes with splines and handles. Fresco’s vectors also changes back to raster when saving as a photoshop file. PDF format is also useless.
Adobe, what were you thinking? The Adobe draw app is also very basic with very limited tools. Fresco is better and is a great app, but the fact that you can’t save your work to be fully compatible with adobe illustrator really sucks.
Is there any one that can tell me a way to work seamlessly between the iPad and illustrator app to draw in strokes and keep everything as strokes when saving from ipad to desktop? ( Mac)
Or recommend another app that is not too expensive that can draw the same way as on fresco but export as a true vector file?
I need this for animation purposes.

Any advice or help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Christoff.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]