FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing paths from illustrator to after effects

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ceri Allen
Importing paths from illustrator to after effects
on Jan 21, 2020 at 7:41:22 pm

Hi

I am drawing art work in illustrator using the dynamic sketch tool, so I have layers with multiple path layers on.
I am animating this in after effects to get a hand drawn effect, so importing the ai file in and using 'create shapes from vector layers' then applying wiggle expression to a combination of twist, offset paths and wiggle paths to make the lines scratchy/constantly moving.
This work fine. However I would also the lines the animate on in the first place as if being drawn; When I apply a trim paths to do this, it looks strange as the paths are now all shape layers (rather than single lines on path layers as they are in illustrator) - so it doesn't simple draw then on in a straight line.

Is there any way I can work around this....so that the paths come into after effects as single line paths.
(I am very used to after effects and would normally design within it but this type of drawing is too intricate and I need to be able to free draw, but I am new to illustrator so working between the 2 is new for me)

Thanks

Ceri

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]