FORUMS: list search recent posts

Character, Property, Paragraph and a number of other panels just show a black box when expanded on the sidewall.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Narissa Hill
Character, Property, Paragraph and a number of other panels just show a black box when expanded on the sidewall.
on Jul 4, 2019 at 7:21:21 pm

Many of my panels still open as they should. However, I'm having this problem with the info, character, paragraph, properties, stroke and align panels. If I separate them from the sidewall window and open them in separate windows, they show fine. But I prefer to not have them covering my design work or having to open and close them each time. Any help on what could fix it would be greatly appreciated. I've searched on the Adobe support community and google and no one else has posted on this problem. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Character, Property, Paragraph and a number of other panels just show a black box when expanded on the sidewall.
on Jul 5, 2019 at 7:33:05 am

Not sure what you're seeing. Screenshot would help. Did you click on the "black box"?

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Narissa Hill
Re: Character, Property, Paragraph and a number of other panels just show a black box when expanded on the sidewall.
on Jul 5, 2019 at 2:53:17 pm

Unfortunately, clicking the box doesn't do anything. Here is a screenshot. Thanks for responding.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jul 6, 2019 at 1:43:29 pm

Looks like they're just minimized. Double-clicking on the tab should open them, or clicking on the double-arrow (up&down) will circle through the display modes if there are several (closed/simple/advanced).

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Narissa Hill
on Jul 6, 2019 at 3:06:27 pm

Unfortunately, that's not it. The black box is what opens when I double click. Sometimes they will open and sometimes I will just a few seconds later I will get the black box. I can't figure it out. It's like a bug in my software, I think.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jul 8, 2019 at 7:04:52 am
Last Edited By Kalleheikki Kannisto on Jul 8, 2019 at 7:09:43 am

Does look like a bug, then.

You could try enabling or disabling the GPU acceleration: click the rocket icon in the menu bar and turn GPU on or off. That'll tell you whether it is GPU-related.

If that does nothing, I would suggest installing an earlier version of Illustrator.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Narissa Hill
on Jul 8, 2019 at 3:54:30 pm

In what menu? I can't find where you're referring.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]