FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thick wave lines running parallel like train track - Do you know how to recreate this graphic?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evelien Jansen
Thick wave lines running parallel like train track - Do you know how to recreate this graphic?
on Oct 4, 2018 at 8:07:46 am

Hi!
I'm trying to recreate the following waves:

The first one I managed to recreate with the zig zag (smooth) function, but as soon as there are more curves that run parallel to one another, I can't seem to make it work anymore. The curves / waves should be running like a train track, where the inner waves are adjusted to remain parallel with the outer waves. Right now they are the same size and therefore will run into one another in the corners - see my failed attempt below. Adjusting the zig zag size does not seem to work due to that it doesn't allow me to only slightly adjust it (e.g. setting 1.5 will automatically round up to 2).

Does anyone know how to recreate these images?

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Thick wave lines running parallel like train track - Do you know how to recreate this graphic?
on Oct 5, 2018 at 2:51:26 pm

There's an offset path effect that will do this correctly. Start by drawing the middle path, expand it and use the offset path effect to create the other lines, with positive or negative offset values. Expand the results so that you can edit the paths separately.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]