FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Tutorial With Graphic Look/Technique In Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Olmsted
Need Tutorial With Graphic Look/Technique In Illustrator
on Aug 9, 2017 at 3:05:21 pm

Hello all,

I am a somewhat experienced Illustrator user, but by no means an expert. 90% of what I know about any given Adobe product is self taught over the last 15 years.

I mostly use Illustrator for logo creation, and frequently to create elements to be used in Photoshop or After Effects. I've started using it more and more for my personal art projects and am trying to expand my knowledge of what it can do.

I'm trying to figure out the technique used to create the image I attached. I'm specifically referring to the blue/pink/white curving spiral element that starts at disc center, curves around and goes out to disc edge.

Did the designer do this "by eye" or is there a technique or method that I can use to more accurately create those perfect curves in Illustrator? The center is a perfect circle and it curves around in a second perfect circular arc then back to a straight line.

Also (kind of a second question), there is a little white bar code element at the top of the center curve... I know how to make text follow a curve; is there a way to make other Illustrator elements follow curves?

If someone can point me to a tutorial or point me in a good direction to learn this, I would really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Need Tutorial With Graphic Look/Technique In Illustrator
on Aug 16, 2017 at 1:06:16 pm

I'd say they started with perfect shapes at the beginning and the end - The circle core and the straight line extending out to the right side.
Then, yes, hand drawing the joining path. Just use the minimum amount of points, and you should be good.

"Is there a way to make other Illustrator elements follow curves?"
Make the object into a brush pattern.

Vince

*Please remember to Like an answer if it solves your question or gives you a good idea.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]