FORUMS: list search recent posts

I am trying to make Illustrator CS6/CC 2017 UI bigger?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lizzie Jo Stevenson
I am trying to make Illustrator CS6/CC 2017 UI bigger?
on Feb 18, 2017 at 9:10:12 pm

Since Adobe illustrator has no built in technique, I have been using this method below...

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

I have been trying to do that, but I have run into several issues.

I was able to make work once, but that was it. I didn't change anything, I only shut the program down, and restarted it, and it was back to its smaller size again. I followed everything correctly, but it refused to anything, even after I deleted everything I changed and started over.

The second problem I ran into was that, although it did work, it was overly large, the UI practically covered the entire screen.

The third problem was that for some reason I only ever got this to work with Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 (for that one time), but it would never do anything for Adobe Illustrator CS6 (I have both programs installed). The hack was created for CS6 though, I believe.

I used the first file that he links to in that post, and simply changed the name to illustrator (from Photoshop). That is when it worked that first time. Once it stopped working, I tried the Illustrator file he links to, and with CC 2017, I received the side-by-side configuration error message. After reinstalling the edits that I made again, I did not receive the error, but this time, nothing happened at all, as in, the UI was still as small as it was beforehand, although the program did launch correctly. Throughout all of this, I was trying the same things with CS6, but nothing would happen at all, no error message, no UI scaling, the program just stood exactly the same as it always has been.

I am running...

Windows 10 64-bit Home
Adobe Illustrator CS6
Adobe Illustrator CC 2017
1920 x 1080 monitor

Can someone please help me find a way to fix this problem. I really need a larger interface than what Adobe supplies, it is too difficult to see the icons, and read the text. I would like at least double the size it usually is, but more is fine too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]