FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help With Creating Dots At Anchor Points ?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sky Edgerton
Help With Creating Dots At Anchor Points ?
on May 6, 2014 at 9:38:44 am
Last Edited By Sky Edgerton on May 8, 2014 at 7:21:59 pm

I've attached an image of the effect I'm after.

I'm wanting to create a travel path on a map using the pen tool with the anchor points converted to dots representing destinations. This sounds simple if I add seperate dot shapes but theres over 100 destinations and I need to drag and change them on a whim.

Any hints tips or suggests would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Mike Tyler
Creating Dots At Anchor Points ?
on Nov 28, 2016 at 12:57:39 pm

opening up this old topic... would love to achieve exactly the same effect.

I am sure there is an easier way than to do it manually..

Any ideas guys ?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Creating Dots At Anchor Points ?
on Nov 29, 2016 at 12:30:17 am

It's not really clear to me, what the desired effect is.
To the original post, the only trick I'd offer is to use the Direct Select tool, so you can 'lasso' the path point and the circle in one action, then drag both to the new location. It really doesn't take that much time to click your mouse 100 times.
It sounds like the OP was looking for something that would somehow just know what path to draw, then put a circle at each point in the path.

In theory, some expert knowledge of Javascript could help, but you'd need to better specify the challenge.

If you search 'illustrator scripts' or 'illustrator scripts random', you might find a script that does something similar.

If you're just looking for random scatter, that can be achieved with a custom brush.

Vince

*Please remember to Like an answer if it solves your question or gives you a good idea.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]