FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make a preview of a vector logo on an image with perspective in it.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlo VeenjeHow to make a preview of a vector logo on an image with perspective in it.
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 10:11:19 am

As a volunteer I do some work for http://www.de-a.nl (about local production of sustainable energy).

I created a logo with Illustrator. Now someone wants a large sticker on the side of his old Citro├źn-caddy, but he first wants a preview. He sent me an photo of his car, which has some perspective in it.

I tried searching the internet, but I don't know the right keywords to search on so I did not find the tutorial I need to get the job done.

My question is: How do I place the logo on the side of the car in perspective?

I attached the files that need to be merged.

Vectorfile logo:
3646_logodea.ai.zip

Return to posts index

Vincent RosatiRe: How to make a preview of a vector logo on an image with perspective in it.
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 12:36:00 pm

It's probably best to do this in Photoshop.
The car image as the background. Then the logo as another layer. Then Edit / Transform / Distort or Perspective to the logo.
If you don't have PS and have to use Illustrator, you could try applying Effect / 3D / Rotate with Perspective to the logo.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Carlo VeenjeRe: How to make a preview of a vector logo on an image with perspective in it.
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 3:17:03 pm

Great tips Vince, both work for me. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Scott RobertsRe: How to make a preview of a vector logo on an image with perspective in it.
by on Feb 12, 2012 at 9:14:40 am

Copy from Illustrator into Photoshop and place as pixels. To distort, what I do is drag the corner handles individually to match the lines on whatever i'm dropping the object onto - in this case, the side of the van...match your objects lines (horizontal and vertical boundaries) to the lines on the side of the van.

LittleBlackBird.net

My Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]