FORUMS: list search recent posts

Objects jumping after releasing mouse

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Svensson
Objects jumping after releasing mouse
on Oct 20, 2011 at 8:23:11 pm

Hello all,

I hope I can explain this without the benefit of video... I just started having a weird problem in Illustrator CS5. When trying to do some precise placement of objects and points, I notice that the objects/points are moving slightly from where I intended. For example, I am trying to place the end point of a line on top of the end point of another line. I am zoomed in all the way, I drag the point into JUST the right place, smart guides are on and read "intersect"—in other words, it's locked in, right in place. Then, when I release the mouse button, the point jumps diagonally up or down a few clicks. It's really weird too, because sometimes it will jump say, up and to the left, sometimes down and to the right. The only constant is that I can't place things where I want them. It is driving me nuts!

Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried everything. Smart guides on/off, all the guides are off, snap to point, snap to grid, etc. all off. I have deleted my preferences and .plist and restarted... This is version 15.0.2 and I don't think there is an update available.

Any help or advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Objects jumping after releasing mouse
on Oct 24, 2011 at 2:15:33 pm

Initially I thought it might be 'Snap to Grid', but you said you checked that.
I don't have any other thoughts. I'm not sure. I guess I was just wondering if you've made any progress with this issue?

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Chris Svensson
on Oct 27, 2011 at 5:44:07 pm

Yeah, snap to grid wasn't the issue.

I just figured it out. There is a check box on the Transform panel that was set to "Align to pixel grid." That solved it. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Abel Giordano
on Oct 18, 2012 at 2:00:19 pm

Be Blessed!

Return to posts index

Alonso Colmenero
on Mar 13, 2013 at 10:35:19 pm

You sir, just saved me days of pulling hair and cursing at the computer.

Return to posts index

Santiago Dutil
on Sep 18, 2014 at 8:16:53 pm

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Piotr Mossakowski
on Nov 24, 2014 at 8:06:15 am

Thank you mate! Problem solved!

Return to posts index

Ariel Ayres
on Apr 11, 2016 at 1:06:13 pm

I created an account just to say that YOU SOLVED MY 2016 PROBLEM JESUS CHRIST! Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

Return to posts index

Jacob Peñaloza
on Oct 25, 2016 at 11:38:49 pm

THAAAAANKS!!!

Return to posts index

Adam Boden
on Nov 2, 2016 at 6:26:42 pm

I'm having this same issue, but turning off align to pixel grid did not solve it. It's frustrating because the projects I'm currently working on are often several feet long, so I can't tell if my graphics are off my artboards unless I zoom ALL THE WAY IN, which adds significant time to my workflow.

Any additional suggestions / solutions would be very much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]