ADOBE PHOTOSHOP: Photoshop Tutorials Illustrator Tutorials Forum Photography Forum

How to draw straight lines with brush tool - besides holding shift ??

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Kruul
How to draw straight lines with brush tool - besides holding shift ??
on Apr 23, 2019 at 3:26:25 pm

Is there any way to draw straight lines with the brush tool? I know that I can accomplish this by holding Shift -- but it only allows me to draw perfectly vertical or horizontal lines. Is there any way to achieve this same effect when drawing lines in any direction? I know using the pen tool to create a path and then adding a stroke does this, but I would really like to be able to keep the control I have when it comes to line weights with the brush tool -- any way to do this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: How to draw straight lines with brush tool - besides holding shift ??
on Apr 24, 2019 at 2:04:04 pm

Hmm... holding Shift with the Brush tool is exactly how I do it. Lines in any direction.
TC

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Apr 24, 2019 at 4:15:18 pm

To clarify, you need to just click at the next point you want to draw the line to while holding shift -- don't hold and drag the mouse.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Martin Kruul
on Apr 29, 2019 at 2:46:52 am

Very helpful! Thank you! I should have specified that I was wondering if there was a way to do this while using a tablet so I could continue to control the line width, but this is a great workaround otherwise!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Apr 30, 2019 at 6:50:01 am

I haven't tried this and it sounds cumbersome, but perhaps if you rotate the canvas (you know the option where you don't actually rotate it but rotate it fro drawing purposes) and use the hold shift while you draw? I am not sure if the shift-draw angle gets rotated at the same time or not. IF it works, you would have to rotate the canvas between each stroke, so not very useful.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Martin Kruul
on Apr 30, 2019 at 4:33:47 pm

Ah, another good work around! Yes, tedious to do between each stroke - but definitely allows me the capability to control line thickness with my tablet

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]