ADOBE PHOTOSHOP: Photoshop Tutorials Illustrator Tutorials Forum Photography Forum

Best plugins/tools for making images look like drawn by hand?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Clasman
Best plugins/tools for making images look like drawn by hand?
on Jun 22, 2018 at 8:05:51 pm

I'm looking great Photoshop plugins which is good for turning a photograph into looking like a sketch, like an image that was drawn by hand with a pencil or crayon. I am aware of the built-in filters in Photoshop, but I want to see if there are things that can do better results.

As an example, during the end credits of the film Lord of the Rings - Return of the king, the end credits and music play on top of beautiful sketches, of characters and places from the films. If you haven't seen it, here's what I'm referring to:

These are probably drawn by hand by skilled artists. I'm hoping to achieve something similar using Photoshop plugins.

I believe Photoshop plugins is the best way of achieving what I hope for - besides of hiring a professional artist, which I won't do (too many images to process). But if I can achieve this outside of Photoshop then I'm all ears regarding recommendations for that too.

Thanks for any suggestions and tips

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Best plugins/tools for making images look like drawn by hand?
on Jun 23, 2018 at 4:15:07 pm
Last Edited By Kalleheikki Kannisto on Jun 23, 2018 at 4:17:27 pm

Check out Filter Forge. It's commercial, but there are thousands of user-made filters usable freely with it, including plenty of sketch-style filters. And you can learn to modify or to create new filters of your own with it.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Kirk Pitts
Re: Best plugins/tools for making images look like drawn by hand?
on Jul 7, 2018 at 3:37:45 pm

I've used Alienskin Snap art for years.
https://www.alienskin.com/snapart/
Works great for oil, pastel, and other painting mediums.

Kirk Pitts.
video amateur.
Personal skateboard and band historian. ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]