ADOBE PHOTOSHOP: Photoshop Tutorials Illustrator Tutorials Forum Photography Forum

How to get colour swatches from CC library in to Photoshop colour swatches

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Roper
How to get colour swatches from CC library in to Photoshop colour swatches
on May 8, 2018 at 8:51:28 pm

I feel I must be missing something, or maybe Adobe is just really stupid - I'd be very happy if someone could please point me in the right direction:

I have some colour swatches in an Adobe CC Library, which I created just before Photoshop crashed. I'd created some colour swatches in the Photoshop swatch palette, then dragged them into the CC Libraries palette. Super.

So when I restarted Photoshop after the crash (as ever, no document recovery - thank you, Photoshop) and re-opened the last saved version of the PSD I was working on, my swatches panel was just showing the default colours, but my CC Libraries panel had my nice swatches in it. So I cleared out my Photoshop swatches palette, and tried to drag the swatches from the CC Libraries panel into my Photoshop swatches panel. Nothing. OK. I selected some text, and tried to apply the colour from the CC Libraries to it, but this isn't possible apparently (really?). OK, so I thought I'd go round-the-houses a bit and save the swatches from the Libraries panel and load them in the swatches panel. Hmmm...they don't show up when I try to import swatches in the Photoshop swatches panel. A closer look revealed that the CC Libraries saved the colours as a .txt document, and the Photoshop swatches panel expects various formats, none of which seem to be compatible with the .txt file saved by CC Libraries. Triffic.

So - how the hell does anyone actually USE CC Libraries colours in Photoshop? Or is this yet another confusing, dead Adobe experiment like Kuler? Surely there's a better way than each and every colour in the CC Libraries panel, then creating a new swatch in the swatches panel, and naming it, and repeating this process for every single colour? Surely? Please?!

motion graphics | VFX | web design | etc.
http://paulroper.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]