ADOBE PHOTOSHOP: Photoshop Tutorials Illustrator Tutorials Forum Photography Forum

How do I compress a Photoshop PDF?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Campbell
How do I compress a Photoshop PDF?
on Mar 27, 2018 at 4:59:26 pm

I downloaded a resume template for photoshop and put it all together. I looks quite nice, very modern and attention-grabbing. I've noticed that a lot of job boards and websites have a file size limit when uploading a resume, usually around 2-5 MB in most cases. I saved this resume as a photoshop PDF with a low quality compression and it still won't go any lower than 6MB.

Do you guys know another way I can compress the file and still keep decent quality? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: How do I compress a Photoshop PDF?
on Apr 2, 2018 at 11:47:11 am

Photoshop is a terrible program to do a CV in, InDesign or even Illustrator is way better for this. Photoshop PDF is quite likely to become a fully raster image which will probably be rather large no matter how much compression you put it through. Or look terrible.

That said, if you haven't done so yet, turn off "Preserve Photoshop editing capabilities" and "Optimize for fast web preview", it might help some.

Or, if you have Acrobat, you can further reduce file size there. It may result in the same issues as reducing quality in Photoshop.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How do I compress a Photoshop PDF?
on Apr 12, 2018 at 2:38:20 am

You can also apply compression to the image (like jpg) in the pdf prefs dialogue that opens after you click save. The default is none so the image is far heavier in mb than it needs to be (usually).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]