ADOBE PHOTOSHOP: Photoshop Tutorials Illustrator Tutorials Forum Photography Forum

Fastest way to quickly place overlay on multiple images

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan German
Fastest way to quickly place overlay on multiple images
on Mar 22, 2018 at 1:33:46 pm

I work for an international ministry called Africa's Hope. In our office building, we have a couple TVs that are continuously displaying multiple pictures from Africa. I am currently in the process of updating these images and thought it would be cool if in the corner of each photo, we had a map of Africa showing where on the continent each photo was taken and a label with the country name. Problem is we're talking about 250+ images here, so that would take forever to manually label each one. I'm assuming there's a Photoshop action or preset that could quickly overlay the graphics on the images. What would you suggest as the quickest way to do this? I'm afraid the most complicated part is going to be making sure the right label goes on the right picture.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Fastest way to quickly place overlay on multiple images
on Apr 2, 2018 at 11:55:03 am

If you have the overlays prepared at the same size as the finals with correct placement of the maps and a single pixel at the top left and bottom right corners, you can create a set of actions to open one of the overlay files, copy it to clipboard, close the document and paste it. You can assign the actions to function keys. The single pixel at the corners forces the image to be pasted in the right place. Without it, the image gets pasted in the middle. Better ways exist to achieve the same, but that's about the simplest I can think of.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Fastest way to quickly place overlay on multiple images
on May 23, 2018 at 8:22:28 pm

Depends what the file names on the pictures are. Usually they are just alphanumerical, but if your pictures have actual place names as part of their titles, perhaps you can arrange them alphabetically, make an alphabetical list of map graphics, and now you write an action that pairs them?

Or find a whiz at Excel:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]