ADOBE PHOTOSHOP: Photoshop Tutorials Illustrator Tutorials Forum Photography Forum

removing all the grey and pink.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Christian
removing all the grey and pink.
on Dec 23, 2017 at 11:05:23 am

Hi I have a Photoshop document and ned to change the colour to just black white and red with no grey of pink, I’m not sure how to say this correctly which is probably why I cant find the answer. I believe it’s something to do with anti aliasing that puts all these grey and pink pixels around stuf to soften the curves but I need to get rid of it. Just red black and white or really transparent as in an alpha channel.

I’m not well up on this so excuse the vague or incorrect language hopefully someone understands what I mean.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: removing all the grey and pink.
on Dec 23, 2017 at 12:36:21 pm

Which one of these two looks are you after?

or

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Neil Christian
on Dec 23, 2017 at 8:22:41 pm

Hi Kalleheikki, thanks for the help. It's the second one with just red black and white/transparent pixels, nothing else.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Dec 26, 2017 at 8:07:16 am

I used the following steps:
1) Add a hue/saturation adjustment layer and make the image saturation -100
2) Add a curves adjustment layer and pull the highlights and shadows close to each other horizontally so as to make the image purely black and white
3) Make a flat red layer and set the blending mode to multiply
4) Select the areas you want to make red and copy them onto the layer mask of the flat red layer
5) Curve the red layer mask in the similar way as in step 2 to make it purely black and white

You can use levels instead of curves if you're more comfortable with levels.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]