ADOBE PHOTOSHOP: Photoshop Tutorials Illustrator Tutorials Forum Photography Forum

deleting timeline in CS6. Want plain-old still image

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gates Bradley
deleting timeline in CS6. Want plain-old still image
on Sep 4, 2012 at 5:07:37 am

I've made a PSD in photoshop that I want to import to After Effects, but every time I do, it has all sorts of weird temporal properties on my layers. I just want a plain-old still image (albeit with layers). How do I stop Photoshop from thinking I want video?

I tried "Create Frames from Clips" in the Photoshop timeline, but when I do that, two of my layers disappear.

I'm running CS6.

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: deleting timeline in CS6. Want plain-old still image
on Sep 6, 2012 at 2:20:30 pm

What weird temporal properties are you getting? Bringing a layered Photoshop document into After Effects will generate a comp with each layer having its own set of properties (Scale, Position, Rotation, etc.) but they should all be set to their defaults with no actual animation. Was your original PSD document just a plain layered image, or had you imported video, or done some animation through Photoshop Extended's timeline?

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Daniel Siddall
on Oct 21, 2014 at 5:20:58 pm

This is frustrating. I have the exact same issue. I was really hoping that someone would have answered the OP's question, because then it would have answered mine too.

So often I see answers that don't address the issue asked, but instead just challenge the OP's question. I don't mean that disrespectfully. But why not just answer what was asked instead of second-guessing the question?

I too have a PS file with a timeline and when imported into AE some of the layers act funky. They move and scale on their own.

Hope this can be addressed. Thanks.

Return to posts index

shirley hernandez
on Jul 31, 2017 at 3:43:19 pm

Hi,
I had the same issue. On the View menu, check timeline. If there is any movement information register, the timeline will appear under. Click the hamburger menu located in the right corner of the Timeline window, click on remove timeline. Every layer should be reset to its original state.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]