FORUMS: list search recent posts

R3D extension PPro CS6- One File works, all the others don't!

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Reader
R3D extension PPro CS6- One File works, all the others don't!
on Nov 8, 2016 at 7:26:52 am

Hi

Running a Premiere Pro CS6 system on Windows7. Client has a bunch of files shot with RED a few days ago. Haven't edited RED in the past, so I downloaded a sample file off the website yesterday to make sure all was working OK. All looked good! He came into the suite today with his files, and yes you guessed it, Premiere doesn't recognise any of the files. Downloaded the RED player, which plays the files OK, but still can't import through Premiere... "unsupported/damaged file".

Please has anyone had a similar experience,... could the files require a different version of the RED codec?!!? or do all of the cameras create the same type of file. I've combed the web, but can't find an answer. Hope you can help.

Regards
John

Return to posts index

Tom Sefton
Re: R3D extension PPro CS6- One File works, all the others don't!
on Nov 11, 2016 at 5:37:41 pm

If it was shot on the newer dragon colourspace or even the weapon colourspace, this might explain it. You can download the red workflow files you need from the red website.

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Return to posts index

John Reader
on Nov 12, 2016 at 2:26:33 am

Thanks for your reply Tom. Unfortunately I've downloaded the RED Epic importer files for PPro Windows and installed them (they were already in my system directories though) to no avail.

I don't think it's my workstation... I run three identical workstations all with PPro 6.0.5 on Windows 7, and have the same problem with these RED files on all of them.

Just can't seem to solve it... there are no updates to the codec on the RED website for Dragon or Weapon. I believe the footage was shot with Dragon.

Anyway, I'll just have to transcode my shots to ProRes HQ through the RED-X Pro application, and work with them in Premiere that way... seems a pity though, as Adobe do spruik the fact that you can work with RED files natively.

Cheers
John

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Nov 16, 2016 at 5:28:52 pm

You can use the metadata dropdown in RedCine X to figure out what camera the footage was shot on.

David

http://www.bottegabattistella.com/blog/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]