FORUMS: list search recent posts

Should my client be shooting 4K now?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marni Page
Should my client be shooting 4K now?
on Jan 29, 2016 at 5:02:06 pm

Hello Cowsphere,

I would like some feedback. I have a client that has been shooting interviews for internet delivery. They have hundreds of interviews starting from the 80's all the way up until today. They started shooting HDCAM in 2007. Then in 2014, they finally went all tapeless to XDCAM. Now in 2016, should I be telling them to shoot everything in 4K?

Again, all the material is for online delivery via their own website and youtube. But of course they want to future proof as much as possible. I just wasn't sure if now was the time and if it is worth it considering the file sizes as well as downscaling times and results.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Should my client be shooting 4K now?
on Feb 26, 2016 at 4:24:38 pm

The material shot, whats the shelf life?
I can see some training videos and for archives (corp perspective) but not sure how long do you need the interviews to last for.
At my day job, we shoot mostly with the RED when it comes to archives and footages that will have a long shelf life but most training and one-offs we use our XDCAMs since they tend to end up on a internal web server.
Personally I own a RED Scarlet and all my external work is shot on 4K even with my GH4. Just a personal pref not for any 4K reason.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]