FORUMS: list search recent posts

First time working with R3D footage... Confused.

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davies
First time working with R3D footage... Confused.
on Oct 19, 2015 at 3:21:08 pm

I am working with R3D footage for the first time, shot on a Dragon last week.

Most of these clips are around 20-30 minutes, shot from a helicopter, and so go through varying exposure levels throughout the clip. I want to take out a few sections from the full clips, and using REDCINE-X I am trying to stabilise the colours. The original footage is super green.

I will work on the colours in REDCINE a bit, and switch back to Premiere to edit and adjust further. The problem is all colour changes I make at, for example, 10min affect the whole clip. So the clips I want from 15m and 25m all have the same changes applied to them. I must be being daft, but how do I separate these clips within REDCINE so I can use the colour tools in there, on individual clips from the same original clip?

I just want to isolate a bunch of short clips from the 30m file, and grade these separately before working with them in Premiere.

Any help appreciated!

Return to posts index

John Davies
Re: First time working with R3D footage... Confused.
on Oct 19, 2015 at 3:36:48 pm

I'm trying to balance the files in RedCine now and just having to create subclips in Premiere and work on them individually in there.

Still open to ideas - anyone let me know of any alternative methods!

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: First time working with R3D footage... Confused.
on Oct 20, 2015 at 12:39:55 pm

You can either save portions of your clips using in/out in R3D TRIM this way you have your varying versions for use Resolve for grading.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]