FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Scarlet Mysterium hard drive space question

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Steele
Red Scarlet Mysterium hard drive space question
on Oct 12, 2015 at 11:57:56 pm

Hi, I own a Red Scarlet Mysterium and am trying to figure out which computer to buy. I am looking at a mac pro but I am concerned about the smaller hard drive. Is anyone able to tell me about how many gigabytes a minute of footage shot in full 4k or 5k will take up? I plan on using external drives but I have heard that it is best to have the footage you are editing all on your internal drive, in which case will the 256GB or 512GB drives of the Mac Pro be big enough for a big project with hours worth of footage? I can't afforb the 1TB drive for Mac Pro. Thanks for any advice

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Red Scarlet Mysterium hard drive space question
on Oct 20, 2015 at 12:45:58 pm

Im not sure if I read that right, someone suggested you store your footage in the internal drive?
Maybe they meant to edit off your internal due to speed jump but honestly (I own a Scarlet since 2012) Ive edited off a Firewire 800 GTECH Mini via MBP with no slowdowns.
The REDMAG reader is even fast enough to read from.
Im using a 512 with my nMP but have a bunch of GTECH Thunderbolt drives to support it.
Currently holding on to three features and a few shorts/music videos.

Return to posts index

Peter Steele
Re: Red Scarlet Mysterium hard drive space question
on Oct 27, 2015 at 10:04:15 pm

Is "MBP" mac book pro? If so were you actually editing Scarlet footage on that or just using it to dump footage onto before editing on your nMP (new mac pro?)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]